2 Slabs St. Louis Style pork ribs
1 cup ginger ale
1 cup Coca-Cola
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
4 tbsp Uncle Clarence Righteous Ribs seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
lemon juice (optional)
baking soda (optional)
Uncle Clarence BBQ Sauce (optional)
- Clean ribs with lemon juice and baking soda rubbing both sides well then rinse well with cold water and pat dry.
- Trim fat and remove silver skin from ribs then let rest.
- Add Coca-Cola, ginger ale, apple juice, half of soy sauce & 1 tablespoon Uncle Clarence Righteous Rib rub into a deep pan and mix.
- Add rib slabs to brine mixture and allow to marinate for 3 -4 hours. Ribs are best refrigerated over night.
- Remove ribs from brine and pat dry,
- Rub both sides of ribs with remaining soy sauce and olive oil.
- Shake on Uncle Clarence Righteous Rib and pat into meat.
- Allow the meat to come to room temperature until it is time to put into the smoker.
- Smoke for an hour and a half using a mixture of hickory, apple wood, and mesquite.
- Pour apple juice on top and wrap tightly in foil.
- Continue smoking for 1 hours and 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and place ribs on grill. Coat with Uncle Clarence BBQ Sauce as a glaze for last 5 minute's of cooking.
Cooking time: 3 hour smoke time